SQL Server 2019 AlwaysOn
- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 12, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484264789
- ISBN-13: 978-1484264782
SQL Server 2019 AlwaysOn: Supporting 24×7 Applications with Continuous Uptime
Get a fast start to using AlwaysOn, the SQL Server solution to high-availability and disaster recovery. This third edition is newly-updated to cover the 2019 editions of both SQL Server and Windows Server and includes strong coverage of implementing AlwaysOn Availability Groups on both Windows and Linux operating systems. The book provides a solid and accurate understanding of how to implement systems requiring consistent and continuous uptime, as well as how to troubleshoot those systems in order to keep them running and reliable. This edition is updated to account for all new major functionality and also includes coverage of implementing atypical configurations, such as clusterless and domain-independent Availability Groups, distributed Availability Groups, and implementing Availability Groups on Azure.
The book begins with an introduction to high-availability and disaster recovery concepts such as Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs), availability levels, and the cost of downtime. You’ll then move into detailed coverage of implementing and configuring the AlwaysOn feature set in order to meet the business objectives set by your organization. Content includes coverage on implementing clusters, building AlwaysOn failover clustered instances, and configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
What You Will Learn
- Understand high availability and disaster recovery in SQL Server 2019
- Build and configure a Windows Cluster in Windows Server 2019
- Create and configure an AlwaysOn failover clustered instance
- Implement AlwaysOn Availability Groups and appropriately configure them
- Implement AlwaysOn Availability Groups on Linux servers
- Configure Availability Groups on Azure IaaS
- Administer AlwaysOn technologies post implementation
- Understand typical configurations, such as clusterless and distributed Availability Groups
SQL Server 2019 AlwaysOn is chock full of real-world advice on how to build and configure the most appropriate topology to meet the high-availability and disaster recovery requirements you are faced with, as well as how to use AlwaysOn Availability Groups to scale-out read-only workloads. This is a practical and hands-on book to get you started quickly in using one of the most talked-about Microsoft SQL Server 2019 feature sets.