Pipeline as Code: Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 26, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617297542
- ISBN-13: 978-1617297540
Pipeline as Code: Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform: Start thinking about your development pipeline as a mission-critical application. Discover techniques for implementing code-driven infrastructure and CI/CD workflows using Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, and cloud-native services.
Pipeline as Code is a practical guide to automating your development pipeline in a cloud-native, service-driven world. You’ll use the latest infrastructure-as-code tools like Packer and Terraform to develop reliable CI/CD pipelines for numerous cloud-native applications. Follow this book’s insightful best practices, and you’ll soon be delivering software that’s quicker to market, faster to deploy, and with less last-minute production bugs.
In Pipeline as Code: Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform, you will master:
- Building and deploying a Jenkins cluster from scratch
- Writing pipeline as code for cloud-native applications
- Automating the deployment of Dockerized and Serverless applications
- Containerizing applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Deploying Jenkins on AWS, GCP and Azure
- Managing, securing and monitoring a Jenkins cluster in production
- Key principles for a successful DevOps culture
Treat your CI/CD pipeline like the real application it is. With the Pipeline as Code approach, you create a collection of scripts that replace the tedious web UI wrapped around most CI/CD systems. Code-driven pipelines are easy to use, modify, and maintain, and your entire CI pipeline becomes more efficient because you directly interact with core components like Jenkins, Terraform, and Docker.
- Build and deploy a Jenkins cluster on scale
- Write pipeline as code for cloud-native applications
- Automate the deployment of Dockerized and serverless applications
- Deploy Jenkins on AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Grasp key principles of a successful DevOps culture
In Pipeline as Code you’ll learn to build reliable CI/CD pipelines for cloud-native applications. With Jenkins as the backbone, you’ll programmatically control all the pieces of your pipeline via modern APIs. Hands-on examples include building CI/CD workflows for distributed Kubernetes applications, and serverless functions. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be able to swap manual UI-based adjustments with a fully automated approach!
[ Exclusive Offer! Order High Tech Face Mask Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]