Multi-Cloud Architecture and Governance
- Paperback: 412 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800203195
- ISBN-13: 978-1800203198
Multi-Cloud Architecture and Governance: A comprehensive guide to architecting, managing, implementing, and controlling multi-cloud environments
Multi-cloud has emerged as one of the top cloud computing trends, with businesses wanting to reduce their reliance on only one vendor. But when organizations shift to multiple cloud services without a clear strategy, they may face certain difficulties, in terms of how to stay in control, how to keep all the different components secure, and how to execute the cross-cloud development of applications. This book combines best practices from different cloud adoption frameworks to help you find solutions to these problems.
With step-by-step explanations of essential concepts and practical examples, you’ll begin by planning the foundation, creating the architecture, designing the governance model, and implementing tools, processes, and technologies to manage multi-cloud environments. You’ll then discover how to design workload environments using different cloud propositions, understand how to optimize the use of these cloud technologies, and automate and monitor the environments. As you advance, you’ll delve into multi-cloud governance, defining clear demarcation models and management processes. Finally, you’ll learn about managing identities in multi-cloud: who’s doing what, why, when, and where.
- Get to grips with the core functions of multiple cloud platforms
- Deploy, automate, and secure different cloud solutions
- Design network strategy and get to grips with identity and access management for multi-cloud
- Design a landing zone spanning multiple cloud platforms
- Use automation, monitoring, and management tools for multi-cloud
- Understand multi-cloud management with the principles of BaseOps, FinOps, SecOps, and DevOps
- Define multi-cloud security policies and use cloud security tools
- Test, integrate, deploy, and release using multi-cloud CI/CD pipelines
By the end of this Mastering Multi-Cloud Architecture and Governance book, you’ll be able to create, implement, and manage multi-cloud architectures with confidence.