MongoDB Topology Design
- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484258169
- ISBN-13: 978-1484258163
MongoDB Topology Design: Scalability, Security, and Compliance on a Global Scale helps you create a production-ready MongoDB cluster on a global scale
Create a world-class MongoDB cluster that is scalable, reliable, and secure. Comply with mission-critical regulatory regimes such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Whether you are thinking of migrating to MongoDB or need to meet legal requirements for an existing self-managed cluster, this book has you covered. It begins with the basics of replication and sharding, and quickly scales up to cover everything you need to know to control your data and keep it safe from unexpected data loss or downtime.
What You Will Learn
- Get started with the basics of MongoDB clusters
- Protect and monitor a MongoDB deployment
- Deepen your expertise around replication and sharding
- Keep effective backups and plan ahead for disaster recovery
- Recognize and avoid problems that can occur in distributed databases
- Build optimal MongoDB deployments within hardware and data center limitations
This book covers best practices for stable MongoDB deployments. For example, a well-designed MongoDB cluster should have no single point of failure. The book covers common use cases when only one or two data centers are available. It goes into detail about creating geopolitical sharding configurations to cover the most stringent data protection regulation compliance. The MongoDB Topology Design book also covers different tools and approaches for automating and monitoring a cluster with Kubernetes, Docker, and popular cloud provider containers.