Modern DevOps Practices
- Paperback: 530 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 13, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800562381
- ISBN-13: 978-1800562387
Modern DevOps Practices: Enhance DevOps workflows by integrating the functionalities of Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible, Terraform, Flux CD, CaaS, and more with the help of practical examples and expert tips
Containers have entirely changed how developers and end-users see applications as a whole. With this Modern DevOps Practices book, you’ll learn all about containers, their architecture and benefits, and how to implement them within your development lifecycle.
You’ll discover how you can transition from the traditional world of virtual machines and adopt modern ways of using DevOps to ship a package of software continuously. Starting with a quick refresher on the core concepts of containers, you’ll move on to study the architectural concepts to implement modern ways of application development. You’ll cover topics around Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and other similar tools that will help you to build a base. As you advance, the book covers the core elements of cloud integration (AWS ECS, GKE, and other CaaS services), continuous integration, and continuous delivery (GitHub actions, Jenkins, and Spinnaker) to help you understand the essence of container management and delivery. The later sections of the book will take you through container pipeline security and GitOps (Flux CD and Terraform).
- Become well-versed with AWS ECS, Google Cloud Run, and Knative
- Discover how to build and manage secure Docker images efficiently
- Understand continuous integration with Jenkins on Kubernetes and GitHub actions
- Get to grips with using Spinnaker for continuous deployment/delivery
- Manage immutable infrastructure on the cloud with Packer, Terraform, and Ansible
- Explore the world of GitOps with GitHub actions, Terraform, and Flux CD
By the end of this Modern DevOps Practices book, you’ll have learned best practices for automating your development lifecycle and making the most of containers, infrastructure automation, and CaaS, and be ready to develop applications using modern tools and techniques.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order RinneTraps Flip N Slide Bucket Lid Mouse/Rat Trap Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]