Mastering Docker – Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 568 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 12, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839216573
- ISBN-13: 978-1839216572
Mastering Docker, 4th Edition: Unlock the full potential of the Docker containerization platform with this practical guide
Docker has been a game changer when it comes to how modern applications are deployed and created. It has now grown into a key driver of innovation beyond system administration, with a significant impact on the world of web development. Mastering Docker, Fourth Edition shows you how you can ensure that you’re keeping up with the innovations it’s driving and be sure you’re using it to its full potential. This fourth edition not only demonstrates how to use Docker more effectively but also helps you rethink and reimagine what you can achieve with it.
You’ll start by building, managing, and storing images along with exploring best practices for working with Docker confidently. Once you’ve got to grips with Docker security, the book covers essential concepts for extending and integrating Docker in new and innovative ways. You’ll also learn how to take control of your containers efficiently using Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Get to grips with essential Docker components and concepts
- Discover the best ways to build, store, and distribute container images
- Understand how Docker can fit into your development workflow
- Secure your containers and files with Docker’s security features
- Explore first-party and third-party cluster tools and plugins
- Launch and manage your Kubernetes clusters in major public clouds
By the end of this Mastering Docker, 4th Edition book, you’ll have a broad yet detailed sense of what’s possible with Docker and how seamlessly it fits in with a range of other platforms and tools.