Learn Human-Computer Interaction
- Paperback: 322 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 18, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838820329
- ISBN-13: 978-1838820329
Learn Human-Computer Interaction: Explore fundamentals, strategies, and emerging techniques in the field of human-computer interaction to enhance how users and computers interact
Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) is a field of study that researches, designs, and develops software solutions that solve human problems. This book will help you understand various aspects of the software development phase, from planning and data gathering through to the design and development of software solutions. The book guides you through implementing methodologies that will help you build robust software.
You will perform data gathering, evaluate user data, and execute data analysis and interpretation techniques. You’ll also understand why human-centered methodologies are successful in software development, and learn how to build effective software solutions through practical research processes. The book will even show you how to translate your human understanding into software solutions through validation methods and rapid prototyping leading to usability testing. Later, you will understand how to use effective storytelling to convey the key aspects of your software to users. Throughout the book, you will learn the key concepts with the help of historical figures, best practices, and references to common challenges faced in the software industry.
- Become well-versed with HCI and UX concepts
- Evaluate prototypes to understand data gathering, analysis, and interpretation techniques
- Execute qualitative and quantitative methods for establishing humans as a feedback loop in the software design process
- Create human-centered solutions and validate these solutions with the help of quantitative testing methods
- Move ideas from the research and definition phase into the software solution phase
- Improve your systems by becoming well-versed with the essential design concepts for creating user interfaces
By the end of this Learn Human-Computer Interaction book, you will be well-versed with HCI strategies and methodologies to design effective user interfaces.