Kubernetes in Production Best Practices
- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 12, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800202458
- ISBN-13: 978-1800202450
Kubernetes in Production Best Practices: Design, build, and operate scalable and reliable Kubernetes infrastructure for production
Although out-of-the-box solutions can help you to get a cluster up and running quickly, running a Kubernetes cluster that is optimized for production workloads is a challenge, especially for users with basic or intermediate knowledge. With detailed coverage of cloud industry standards and best practices for achieving scalability, availability, operational excellence, and cost optimization, this Kubernetes book is a blueprint for managing applications and services in production.
You’ll discover the most common way to deploy and operate Kubernetes clusters, which is to use a public cloud-managed service from AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This book explores Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), the AWS-managed version of Kubernetes, for working through practical exercises. As you get to grips with implementation details specific to AWS and EKS, you’ll understand the design concepts, implementation best practices, and configuration applicable to other cloud-managed services. Throughout the book, you’ll also discover standard and cloud-agnostic tools, such as Terraform and Ansible, for provisioning and configuring infrastructure.
- Explore different infrastructure architectures for Kubernetes deployment
- Implement optimal open source and commercial storage management solutions
- Apply best practices for provisioning and configuring Kubernetes clusters, including infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CAC)
- Configure the cluster networking plugin and core networking components to get the best out of them
- Secure your Kubernetes environment using the latest tools and best practices
- Deploy core observability stacks, such as monitoring and logging, to fine-tune your infrastructure
By the end of this Kubernetes in Production Best Practices book, you’ll be able to leverage Kubernetes to operate and manage your production environments confidently.