Google Cloud for DevOps Engineers
- Paperback: 482 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 2, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839218010
- ISBN-13: 978-1839218019
Google Cloud for DevOps Engineers: Explore site reliability engineering practices and learn key Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services such as CSR, Cloud Build, Container Registry, GKE, and Cloud Operations to implement DevOps
DevOps is a set of practices that help remove barriers between developers and system administrators, and is implemented by Google through site reliability engineering (SRE).
With the help of this Google Cloud for DevOps Engineers book, you’ll explore the evolution of DevOps and SRE, before delving into SRE technical practices such as SLA, SLO, SLI, and error budgets that are critical to building reliable software faster and balance new feature deployment with system reliability. You’ll then explore SRE cultural practices such as incident management and being on-call, and learn the building blocks to form SRE teams. The second part of the book focuses on Google Cloud services to implement DevOps via continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). You’ll learn how to add source code via Cloud Source Repositories, build code to create deployment artifacts via Cloud Build, and push it to Container Registry. Moving on, you’ll understand the need for container orchestration via Kubernetes, comprehend Kubernetes essentials, apply via Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), and secure the GKE cluster. Finally, you’ll explore Cloud Operations to monitor, alert, debug, trace, and profile deployed applications.
- Categorize user journeys and explore different ways to measure SLIs
- Explore the four golden signals for monitoring a user-facing system
- Understand psychological safety along with other SRE cultural practices
- Create containers with build triggers and manual invocations
- Delve into Kubernetes workloads and potential deployment strategies
- Secure GKE clusters via private clusters, Binary Authorization, and shielded GKE nodes
- Get to grips with monitoring, Metrics Explorer, uptime checks, and alerting
- Discover how logs are ingested via the Cloud Logging API
By the end of this Google Cloud for DevOps Engineers book, you’ll be well-versed with the key concepts necessary for gaining Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer certification with the help of mock tests.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Kids Dazzling Mosquito Repellent Watch Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]