Game Development Patterns with Unity 2021 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (July 30, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800200811
- ISBN-13: 978-1800200814
Game Development Patterns with Unity 2021, 2nd Edition: Discover practical design propositions to resolve game programming challenges in Unity 2021
Unity’s coding model and architecture require knowledge of common software design patterns. To optimally code a game in Unity, in the same way you do in other engines, you’ll have to adapt to programming techniques that involve the use of design patterns.
In this Game Development Patterns with Unity 2021, Second Edition, you’ll get to grips with using design patterns with the help of supplemented code examples based on actual implementations of game mechanics and systems of a playable racing game prototype. You’ll be introduced to the core principles of reusable software patterns and how to employ them to build components efficiently. Some notable additions include a game design document (GDD), a Unity programming primer, and the downloadable source code of a complete prototype.
You’ll start by learning about the overall design of the core game mechanics and systems that you’ll be building throughout this Unity book, and discover tried-and-tested software patterns to code essential components of a game in a structured manner. You’ll also find out how you can use classic design patterns to utilize Unity’s unique API features. Finally, you’ll identify the negative impacts of bad architectural decisions and understand how to overcome them with simple but effective practices.
- Structure professional Unity code using industry-standard development patterns
- Identify the right patterns for implementing specific game mechanics or features
- Develop configurable core game mechanics and ingredients that can be modified without writing a single line of code
- Review practical object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques and learn how they’re used in the context of a Unity project
- Build unique game development systems such as a level editor
- Explore ways to adapt traditional design patterns for use with the Unity API
By the end of this Game Development Patterns with Unity 2021, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to develop Unity games in a structured, scalable, and optimized way.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Caffeine Firm and Toned Cream Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]