- Paperback: 231 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 25, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: n/a
- ISBN-13: n/a
Fullstack GraphQL: The Complete Guide to Building GraphQL Clients and Servers: Build Robust, Safe, and Flexible APIs with GraphQL
GraphQL changed the way data is transferred between applications. As you will work through this book, we hope you won’t just add GraphQL to your toolbox, but also develop a new way of thinking about data models, APIs, and full-stack development.
GraphQL – and it’s huge ecosystem – give you tools to create and consume flexible, easy-to-use, type-safe APIs.
- Usage Driven: It encourages users to define queries that specify what data to fetch in a granular way.
- Intuitive: GraphQL delivers you only the data that you request, in the exact format that you requested.
- Self-descriptive: GraphQL schemas are strongly typed and define a strict contract between a query and its response.
GraphQL embodies many lessons learned from API design that enforces several best practices into one solution, and in Fullstack GraphQL we show you how to use these tools with practical code-driven examples.
What’s in the book
- How to write GraphQL Schemas
- How to write flexible APIs with GraphQL and Node.js
- How to generate TypeScript types from your GraphQL types – for type-safe code that matches your API
- How to use an ORM to automatically generate your GraphQL API
- How to setup authentication and authorization for your API
- How to use Apollo Client with Hooks in your React app
- How to use GraphQL developer tools
- How to optimize your GraphQL server fetching with DataLoader
- How to paginate queries and write efficient pagination resolvers
- How to modify data with Mutations
Fullstack GraphQL: The Complete Guide to Building GraphQL Clients and Servers is the busy engineer’s guide to building real-world GraphQL servers and clients with examples in Node.js, React, TypeScript, and Apollo.