Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0
- Paperback: 125 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180107786X
- ISBN-13: 978-1801077866
Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0: A guide to discovering the hidden behaviors of ASP.NET Core that can be customized to optimize your .NET 5 applications
ASP.NET Core is the most powerful Microsoft web framework. Although it’s full of rich features, sometimes the default configurations can be a bottleneck and need to be customized to suit the nature and scale of your app. If you’re an intermediate-level .NET developer who wants to extend .NET Core to multiple use cases, it’s important to customize these features so that the framework works for you effectively.
Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0 covers core features that can be customized for developing optimized apps. The customization techniques are also updated to work with the latest .NET 5 framework.
You’ll learn essential concepts relating to optimizing the framework such as configuration, dependency injection, routing, action filters, and more. As you progress, you’ll be able to create custom solutions that meet the needs of your use case with ASP.NET Core. Later chapters will cover expert techniques and best practices for using the framework for your app development needs, from UI design to hosting. Finally, you’ll focus on the new endpoint routing in ASP.NET Core to build custom endpoints and add third-party endpoints to your web apps for processing requests faster.
- Explore various application configurations and providers in ASP.NET Core 5
- Understand dependency injection in .NET and learn how to add third-party DI containers
- Discover the concept of middleware and write your own middleware for ASP.NET Core apps
- Create various API output formats in your API-driven projects
- Get familiar with different hosting models for your ASP.NET Core app
- Develop custom routing endpoints and add third-party endpoints
- Configure WebHostBuilder effectively for your web applications
By the end of this Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0 application development book, you’ll have the skills you need to be able to customize ASP.NET Core to develop robust optimized apps.