BigQuery for Data Warehousing
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484261852
- ISBN-13: 978-1484261859
BigQuery for Data Warehousing: Managed Data Analysis in the Google Cloud
Create a data warehouse, complete with reporting and dashboards using Google’s BigQuery technology. This BigQuery for Data Warehousing book takes you from the basic concepts of data warehousing through the design, build, load, and maintenance phases. You will build capabilities to capture data from the operational environment, and then mine and analyze that data for insight into making your business more successful. You will gain practical knowledge about how to use BigQuery to solve data challenges in your organization.
What You Will Learn
- Design a data warehouse for your project or organization
- Load data from a variety of external and internal sources
- Integrate other Google Cloud Platform services for more complex workflows
- Maintain and scale your data warehouse as your organization grows
- Analyze, report, and create dashboards on the information in the warehouse
- Become familiar with machine learning techniques using BigQuery ML
BigQuery is a managed cloud platform from Google that provides enterprise data warehousing and reporting capabilities. Part I of this book shows you how to design and provision a data warehouse in the BigQuery platform. Part II teaches you how to load and stream your operational data into the warehouse to make it ready for analysis and reporting. Parts III and IV cover querying and maintaining, helping you keep your information relevant with other Google Cloud Platform services and advanced BigQuery. Part V takes reporting to the next level by showing you how to create dashboards to provide at-a-glance visual representations of your business situation. Part VI provides an introduction to data science with BigQuery, covering machine learning and Jupyter notebooks.